Here are some answers to our most asked questions over the past decade of grooming dogs.
Why is mobile grooming more expensive than salons?
Mobile dog grooming is more expensive for the following reasons:
- Mobile dog grooming is a luxury service in which you are paying a little extra for a lot more attention to detail.
- It’s convenient for you as well as your pet. We come to you, so you don’t have to make 2 trips to the grooming salon to drop off your pet and then pick them up again hours later.
- Your pet will never be sitting in a cage waiting for their turn.
- There are no other pets in our mobile spa so your pet wont be stressed from all the yipping and yapping like at your typical store front salon, Petco, or Petsmart.
- Your pet will never be stuck in a cage dryer for hours with no water.
- Most dog salons depending on their size, are able to take on 3-8 pets per hour. Those pets are typically shuffled between preppers, bathers, and groomers not allowing them much time to become familiar with any one person. With us your pet is with the same groomer from start to finish & is never rushed through the process and is always given breaks when they need them.
- We take the first 10 minutes of your pets groom to let them get familiar with us & the mobile spa before their actual groom begins.
- Our mobile dog spa is cleaned and sanitized after each and every groom to prevent spread of sickness, fleas, or ticks onto your pet.
- We only use premium, all natural dog grooming products.
- We will give your pet all of the patience/reassurance/hugs/kisses that they need. We love them & think they are just as cute as you do!
What forms of payment are accepted?
We accept Cash, Zelle Pay, Venmo, or Personal Checks.
How soon can I get an appointment?
Due to the personalized one-on-one appointments, we do not have as many appointment times during the day as stand-alone salons. We recommend that you call to schedule your appointment at least 2-3 weeks in advance to guarantee an appointment.
Why we give a 2 hour window instead of an exact time for an appointment.
There are many reasons why we schedule our arrival time in 2 hour window and this includes traffic, weather, and how each proceeding client pet is groomed. With this in mind, the groomer may be ahead of time or behind a little on his or her schedule; therefore, it is impossible for us to give you an exact time. Each client is important to us and we do our very best to stay on time. However, when an unforeseen event occurs, we will contact you as soon as possible.
Do you need to use my electricity or water?
No, our mobile dog grooming spa is a state-of-the-art fully self-contained grooming salon; equipped with a generator for electricity, large fresh and grey water tanks with water heater, and central climate controlled air conditioning.
Do you groom puppies?
Yes! It is important to start off on the right foot. We are experienced with a wide range of puppy breeds and you can rest assured that your new family will associate grooming with a positive experience in the years to come.
Do you groom senior pets and/or special needs pets?
For certain pets, grooming doesn’t just have to be a fun day at the spa, it needs to be comfortable and accommodating. We are equipped to handle your older and otherwise challenged pets with the equipment and products that can assist them in and out of the tubs and keeping their sensitive skin from being irritated. However, there are certain medical conditions that will be referred to a veterinary clinic setting in order to accommodate for your pets safety.
I have a mixed breed dog & the price isn’t listed?
For mixed breeds we tend to base the price off the most dominant breed & coat type.
Do you groom pets that need to be sedated or tranquilized to be groomed?
No, tranquilized or sedated pets will not be accommodated as they should be done in the safety of a vet clinic/hospital with an ‘in-house’ groomer.
What can I do to keep my pet from matting?
Here are a few tips that should make your life and more importantly your pets life a lot easier. If you don’t have time to comb your pet all the way down to their skin (not just the surface with a wire brush), don’t bathe him! Call us instead, washing a tangled dog or cat will have the same effect as washing a woolen sweater in hot water! The tangles shrink and tighten as they dry. Before their bath, completely brush and comb their hair to the skin. Concentrate on the chest, stomach, Hines (butt) area and armpits where friction cause the most tangling. Check with a fine comb under his collar and right behind his ears. These areas tend to tangle the most. Ask your groomer to show you the correct combs and brushes to use. Use products made specifically for your type of pet as over-the-counter shampoos have generally harsh soap & detergents. Remember, your groomer would much rather groom a happy, mat-free pet than one that is miserably tangled and thinks groomers are bad guys because they pull their hair!
If this sounds like too much work for you to do on a regular (at least every other day) basis it may be best for you to keep your furry friend in a shorter cut. Shorter haircuts are much easier to maintain and in most cases are more comfortable for your pet.
How long will it take you to groom my pet?
Dog grooming salons service a large volume of pets and usually juggle 3-8 at a time extending the process and adding stress to you and your pet. When you use a mobile grooming service, your pet will receive one-on one attention from start to finish. Grooming times normally average 1 to 2 hours per pet, but can vary depending on the breed and condition of the coat. Your pet is never in a room filled with other barking dogs and is never left unattended.
Why can’t I watch while my pet is being groomed?
Due to safety and insurance liability issues we can’t have you or your family in the mobile spa during your pet’s appointment. We will gladly give you a tour of our salon before we begin your pet’s groom.
Can I come check on my pet during their grooming appointment?
No, once your pets spa day starts we please ask that you not come knock on the door/windows. The reason we ask this is for the safety of your pet. Many of the grooming tools we use are very sharp & we don’t want your pet to get alarmed or hurt during their stay with us. Also once your pet has seen you or heard your voice it makes it extremely hard for the groomer to get them back to a relaxed state in which we can safely resume their spa treatment. If you have a question once the doors are closed you are more than welcome to send us a text message or call & leave us a voicemail which we will try to return promptly.
Will the price quote I received before my pets groom be 100% accurate?
Price quotes over the phone/e-mail may not be 100% accurate. The price received over the phone/e-mail are rough estimates based on if your pets coat condition is that of one groomed on a regular basis (every 4-8 weeks.) Also your pets temperament plays a role in their grooming price & that is impossible to find out until we actually groom them. Quotes are subject to change based on the above criteria.
How often should my dog be groomed?
We recommend that your dog is groomed every 4 to 8 weeks. This all depends on the breed of dog, how often they are brushed (by you), and the length of the coat. Please ask your groomer the schedule they recommend for your pet.
Can I have my pet washed in my own shampoo?
We have a large variety of premium shampoos for almost every coat type, although we would be happy to use any preferred pet-safe or veterinarian prescribed shampoos.
Top 10 Reasons of Why Your Dog’s Haircut Costs More Than Yours!
10. Your hairdresser doesn’t wash & clean your rear end.
9. You don’t go for 8 weeks without washing or brushing your hair.
8. Your hairdresser doesn’t have to give you a sanitary trim.
7. Your hairdresser doesn’t have to clean your ears.
6. Your hairdresser doesn’t have to clean boogies from your eyes.
5. You sit still for your hairdresser.
4. Your haircut doesn’t include a manicure or pedicure.
3. Your hairdresser only washes & cuts the hair on your head.
2. You don’t bite or scratch your hairdresser (I hope not anyway.) And now the Number 1 reason your dog’s haircut costs more than yours 1. The likelihood of you pooping or peeing while your hair is being cut is extremely slim.